TOFU & VEG WITH PEANUT SAUCE
This one-pot meal is full of veggies, protein and wholesome goodness! Create a large batch so you get a few meals out of it during the week. Serve with quinoa or rice, and a crunchy salad.
- 2 packets firm tofu (600g)
- 1 can chickpeas (400g)
- 1 zucchini
- ½ cauliflower
- 1 onion
- 3 tbsp Nuttabutta
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- juice of a lemon
- 2 garlic gloves
- 2 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- salt & pepper
- optional sides: quinoa, cos lettuce, purple cabbage, cucumber, crushed peanuts.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Nuttabutta, tomato sauce, lemon juice, tamari and honey to form a sauce.
- Heat pan over medium heat with 1 tbsp coconut oil.
- Dice the onion and garlic and fry until fragrant and translucent.
- Add the peanut sauce, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop cauliflower and zucchini into bite sized chunks and add into the pan. Simmer gently with lid on for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whilst the veggies simmer, press the tofu with paper towel to remove excess moisture and chop into bite-sized cubes.
- Once the veggies are soft, add the tofu and chickpeas into the pan and stir until they have heated through.
- Add a little water if the sauce begins to thicken too much.
- Serve with rice/quinoa, some crunchy lettuce, purple cabbage and cucumber. Sprinkle over some crushed peanuts!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days.
Quinoa Cooking Instructions:
1. Rinse 1 cup of quinoa and place in a medium-sized saucepan along with 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt.
2. Place the saucepan on the stove over a high heat, lid on.
3. When it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
4. After 15 minutes, remove from heat and fluff up the quinoa with a fork to ensure it doesn’t clump together. Set aside.