There's nothing quite like making your own satay sauce. Taking only 15 minutes to make, this is perfect paired with grilled chicken, turmeric rice and steamed greens.
Freeze leftovers for future use.
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1-2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 tbsp sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
- 400ml (1 can) coconut milk
- 1 cup Nuttabutta crunchy peanut butter
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt
- squeeze of fresh lime
- In a medium saucepan, fry the garlic in the sesame oil for 1-2 minutes.
- Add curry paste and cook for a further minute.
- Add soy sauce and coconut and whisk until smooth.
- Add peanut butter, sugar, cayenne, vinegar and salt and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Stir through the fresh lime juice and serve.