Vegan NuttaButta Cups
And now for something a little bit fancy … There are a few steps to this
recipe, but none of them are hard. You don’t even need a mixer! There’s
something so cute about little individual treats like these - you know
you’ll be glad you made them!
- ½ cup cacao butter
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- large pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup Nuttabutta
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Melt the cacao butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. Alternatively, put it in the microwave.
- Once melted, pour into a large bowl along with all the other chocolate ingredients and mix together using a whisk until it is all combined and smooth.
- Spoon out approximately 2 tbsp of the chocolate into each of the 6 forms of a muffin tray.
- Place into the freezer for approximately 20 minutes to set.
- To make the peanut butter layer simply mix together the Nuttabutta and coconut oil in a small bowl until combined.
- Once the chocolate is solid, take it out of the freezer. Spoon 1-2 tbsp of the peanut butter mix over the chocolate layer. Put back into the freezer.
- Once the peanut butter layer is firm, spoon the remaining chocolate over each one.
- Sprinkle over some crushed peanuts if you like and place back into the freezer for 30-40 minutes or until set.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 6 months.