Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie, vegan, gluten free and YUM. Prepare yourself as you bite through the lightly crisp outer shell and reach a soft, fudgy, centre. You may be lucky enough to strike a burst of pure gold, otherwise known as a chunk of gooey, rich chocolate. But wait, what was that? Peanut butter??? Yes, you tasted correctly. Let your taste buds take you to a place that clears your mind and refocuses your attention to the joys in everyday life. There have been many experiments, tests and trials with this recipe. Many cookies have been eaten, and many have been shared. Enjoy them … they will not last long.
Makes 8 cookies
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (we used brown rice flour or cassava flour)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Nuttabutta
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- large pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius (fan-forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a small bowl create your chia egg: mix the chia seeds with 4 tbsp of water. Leave for at least 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Should form a gooey, egg-like consistency.
- n a large mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients (flour, cacao, salt, baking powder).
- In a smaller bowl mix all the wet ingredients together (maple syrup, nuttabutta, coconut oil, chia egg).
- Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix with a spoon until combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and leave for 5 minutes.
- Using your hands, roll the cookie dough into 8 balls and place them onto the baking tray. Press them down with your hands to form a cookie shape.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool for at least 10 minutes before attempting to eat one!
These can be stored for up to a week in an air-tight container.