CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BLISS BALLS
Gooey and soft with a tiny bit of crunch; sweet and flavoursome with a pinch of salt; nutty, but with a big hit of chocolate. The perfect balance of flavours and textures, all in one bliss ball! Once we nailed this recipe we honestly could not stop making them! They are extremely easy to make – they only require a few pantry ingredients, a food processor or blender, and your hands. They are perfect in a jar to give to friends or family. Just tie a ribbon around it and add a name tag. Who wouldn’t love to receive a jar full of Chocolate Peanut Butter goodness! Or, of course…. you could eat them all yourself. What a great work snack to get you through that 3:30-itis! Enjoy these fudgy bite-sized nuggets of pure choc-peanut goodness, because we can assure you, once you start, you will not be able to stop.
Makes: 22 (bite-sized)
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 ½ tbsp Nuttabutta
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- optional: crushed peanuts
- Start by blending the pecans in the food processor until it resembles a fine crumble.
- Remove the pits from the dates, chop them up and add them to the food processor.
- Add all remaining ingredients apart from the cacao nibs and crushed peanuts.
- Once the mixture is combined, check if it is sticky enough to be formed into balls. If not, add an extra Tbsp of water or maple syrup.
- Add cacao nibs and pulse until they are evenly distributed.
- Roll into balls (we like to make them bite-sized).
- Finally, roll the balls into the crushed peanuts to create a crunchy outer shell.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for a week, or freezer for months!