SNICKERS NUGGETS Bliss Balls
You had me at peanut butter… soft, crunchy, sweet, nutty, chocolatey … we make these nuggets of gold bite-sized so that we feel better about eating more of them! A word of advice - keep your Snickers Nuggets locked away in the freezer because if anyone sees them, they will completely disappear.
Makes approximately 30 small, bite-sized balls
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tbsp Nuttabutta
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup buckinis (or chopped almonds/ peanuts)
(*double the ingredients to make the chocolate coating extra thick!*)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/8 cup pure maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- Start by placing the almond meal, chia seeds, vanilla powder and salt in a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Now add the Medjool dates, peanut butter and rice malt syrup. Process until it forms a soft crumble that can be formed into balls.
- Add the buckinis to the food processor and pulse until they are evenly distributed throughout the mix.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into bite-sized balls.
- Place the balls in the freezer for 20-30 minutes to set. Meanwhile, make the chocolate.
- Using a whisk, mix all the chocolate ingredients together in a medium sized bowl until well combined. It should be very runny.
- Place the chocolate mix in the fridge only for a few minutes so it becomes slightly thicker (optional).
- Grab the bite-size balls out of the freezer and coat them with the chocolate.
- Place the Snickers Nuggets back in the freezer until ready to serve (always defrost for a few minutes before serving).
Can be stored in the freezer for up to 6 months.
(Haha. Who are we kidding?)